- If prices are changing then adjust them in iZettle.com (for card payments), the Intro to Croquet page plus each event with a cost in the Diary
- For membership price changes (unlikely!) update iZettle and the Join Us, Membership, New Members Application Form pages and Membership Renewal form
- When the dates for our Open events are agreed add them as Events (in the correct Event Category) and amend the Tournament Entry form plus a summary Events file that can be circulated to SECF clubs (PDF format)
?just change date on last year’s events
- Intro courses and Open Days need to be added to our Eventbrite account – it may be possible to just roll forward the existing definitions by adding more dates.
- For photos create a Modula gallery for the new year and ensure it’s shown on the respective Photo Gallery page
- Add the AGM minutes (use Insert Media) to our Organisation page
- Create a new Fixtures page for the year, change the link in Competitive Play submenu, and add the new CA/SECF fixtures when they’re released (a blank version is here) Use tunbridgewellscroquet.org.uk/YEAR-secf-fixtures/
- When the competition draws are made create a new competition page for the year. Use tunbridgewellscroquet.org.uk/YEAR-competitions/ (you may need to use a blank page) and change the Competitive Play sub-menu to reference the new year competitions
- Change of Committee:
Change the Committee Page and the historical committee list
If the Treasurer changes then change the New Member Application and Membership Renewal forms (the Notification section)
Change the email redirections on our ionos account
During the Season
Apart from obviously posting news items and updating the diary (please remember to tick the correct Event Category when you create a new one otherwise it won’t have the right colour), don’t forget to update:
- Photos into the Modula Gallery for the year (if you’ve already added them to the Media Library then it’s easy)
- Matches page whenever we have a match result
- Competition pages regularly
- Open Tournaments Honours Board for our Open Tournament winners
- New members into the Modula Members and People galleries (delete non-renewing members from the Members one)
- update Honours Board when our internal competition winners are known and add link into Competitions page for the year
- Link the League results on the SECF website into the Matches table in Competitive Play
- Add summary of the year to end of the History page
This site is built using WordPress (version 4.9 initially) and the Hueman-Pro theme, with the following Plugins (probably always out of date list):
- Child Theme Configurator for initially setting up the Child Theme, followed by hand-crafting
- Email Address Encoder to obscure email addresses
- Enable Media Replace (to be able to replace a Media file without renaming)
- Formidable Forms to create the Events Entry form (a bit basic, but…)
- Modula Gallery
- Simple Yearly Archive for Annual News Page
- The Events Calendar
- Updraft Plus for back-up etc
- WF Cookie Consent
- WP Google Maps (only provides one map and no tailoring, so needs replacing)- Google API key:
- WP-Optimise for clean-up
A certain amount of tailoring of this theme has taken place into the Child theme version (style.css), including:
- reducing the amount of space taken up by the header
- increasing the width of the primary display area
- reducing the font/line size
- changing the colours of the menu display and format (header.php was changed too)
- changing links display
- introducing table classes for match/tournament reports (results) and competition displays (cross-sheet and knock-out) – see Templates page for good samples to use
- providing some classes to allow for easy background displays colours
- changing image borders and easier floating of images if not using the native WordPress stuff
- significant changes to the styling of News Archive page
- styling for the Events pages (Customize css), plus some modifications to various files in tribe-events/list/… – to get to a single line list format, as well as eliminate the end time of events in most displays etc..
General: header.php to eliminate site description,
functions.php is needed to implement the child theme.
Other tailoring used the Dashboard to customise the Appearance (too many bits and pieces to mention)
These are taken by UpdraftPlus using Dropbox (account name Webmaster Tunbridge Well Croquet). 6 monthly database backups are retained (1 month for files, since these change relatively infrequently).
These are added into pages either from the Insert Media button, but may be either from the Modula gallery or the general Media one. In general you’ll want to add pictures about new events into the Modula gallery for the year.
The formatting from these can make the pages go a bit skewed, so they’ve often been tweaked after insertion to set the width (and delete class references). Using the SinglePic option from within NextGen gallery seems to work best without tweaking, but it does put the caption beside the image…
Typically PDF files are uploaded into the Media gallery and links inserted into pages using this button.
WordPress automatically generates an RSS feed. This is linked to our Facebook page by using the Zapier service (zapier.com, email@example.com). This is restricted to 100 posts per month at no charge.
Event posts are separately linked via Zapier to our Facebook page (sadly not to create events, just posts).
This is used to manage entries to our external events that we expect non-croquet players to come to – Intro courses and Open Days only currently. We just have a basic account level, so can’t have multiple ticket types for an event etc. We can run with a maximum number, e.g. 8 for a course and a waitingg list (or not).
Some historic and other stuff not currently used:
- Lawn 1 plot from 2004