Farewell posting by the GCWC team
This is our final dispatch from the 2019 WCF Simon Carter Golf Croquet World Championship held at the Compton, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Sussex County and West Worthing Croquet Clubs.
The organising team would like to thank the players and everyone who visited our venues for your forbearance at times and for your help and assistance in making this event such a success.
We hope everyone enjoyed the event and the coverage we’ve provided and we look forward to meeting all the new friends we’ve acquired at future events around the world.
The World Croquet Federation and the Croquet Association would like to thank:
- all our Sponsors and in particular, Simon Carter, the Main Sponsor
- the Organising Committee:
Jonathan Isaacs (Chairman), Ian Lines, Clive Hayton, Linda Gavigan, Chrissie Isaacs, Caroline Cosham, Jon Diamond and Andrew Stewart
together with Ray Hall and John Low
- the WCF Officials:
Samir Patel, Phil Cordingley, Mike Town, Ian Cobbold
- the Venue Managers:
Compton: Caroline Cosham
Royal Tunbridge Wells: Paul Gamba
Sussex County: Chris Constable
West Worthing: Andrew Stewart
- the Catering Teams and especially their Managers:
Compton: Hilary Smith
Royal Tunbridge Wells: Kate Sander
Sussex County: Linda Gavigan and Chrissie Isaacs
- the CA Video/Live-streaming team headed by Eugene Chang
- and finally, but not least, all the other 100+ Referees, Hoop Setters, Catering Helpers, Stewards and other volunteers across the four venues without whom this event would not have been possible.
Stephen Mulliner, Secretary General of the WCF, and Quiller Barrett, President of the CA.
Goodbye and don’t forget to visit us (again)!