As you can see above Kate and Michael (and I) have been transferring loads of topsoil into our flower beds in preparation for replanting for next season, but more importantly you can see Ray cutting the lawns.
So, despite the lawns being a little soft, I’m please to announce that our One Ball/Golf on Sunday will take place and play can now re-commence for the Winter – One Ball starting at 11am and Golf after lunch. See you there!
Please note the Winter Rules (remember since the grass isn’t growing any damage won’t be repaired until the Spring):
– observe the notices about which lawns are open (Lawn 1 doesn’t have any hoop holes, so won’t be played on this Winter)
– in general play on Lawn 3 only; use Lawn 2 only when Lawn 3 is fully occupied
– don’t play if the lawns are very soggy or frosty
– in the mornings you may need to clear the dew with the big sweeping brush on the floor at the back of the clubhouse
– the lawns are about 6/7ths of the normal size to try and avoid play on most of the bare patches
– no Jump shots under any circumstances!
In addition, until further notice we’re only having Club Sessions on the first Sunday of each month (One Ball am and Golf pm) and the third Wednesdays pm to minimise any potential damage prior to our hosting the GCWC next year.